11.13.2009

Mom and Dad

My mom and dad have been here all week visiting from Kansas. They are staying at some RV park on Lake Norman. My boss, Brian Gomsak, gave me an assignment to take their portraits while they are here. Needless to say with the tropical weather system that moved through here this week I was thinking I would have to shoot these indoors. However on my way to the shoot today the weather cleared out and made for some very nice light!
These were shot in the shade cast by their RV using my Alien Bee B800. Many of you know that shooting people is not my cup of tea and that I struggle with it. However today I have to say that everything fell into place. Of course I love the photos because they are of my parents, but I actually think they are good! Most of you also know that I am never satisfied with my own work, so this is a great accomplishment for me.
Mom and Dad were talking about the last time they had their photo taken and trying to figure out when it was. They decided it was one I took of them way back when I was in high school for their wedding anniversary. I remember shooting that in the basement of their house with my Canon AE1 and a regular lamp and aluminum foil as a reflector.

Anyhow, here they are. I hope you enjoy them. I like the Black and White one the best.


2 comments:

  1. These are great, Tyler!! What a nice keepsake for you and your parents...will always remind you guys of the time they spent with you in NC. I love how the clouds look!

    ReplyDelete